Friday, September 23, 2011

Splish Splash I was Taking a Bath

Breath taking, eh? I stepped off of the bus to this beautiful view on Wednesday. We went to Bath for an afternoon trip, and surprisingly, it was my favorite trip yet. I imagined Bath would be a giant puddle in the middle of the woods; kind of like where the Wormers splash around in "Now and Then" (or, to be more culturally accurate, where they bathe in "A Room with a View"). However, it was not. It was probably one of the most beautiful places I've been. 
So the entire city isn't a bath... obviously. But ^this^ is. A portion of the original bath is encompassed in a beautiful museum at the front of town. The water literally steams like a spa. I can imagine that it was quite the luxury once upon a time.
This is Allison, Nick, and myself standing in front of the bath. It is so surreal, we almost look like cardboard cut-outs.
We only went to one museum, other than The Bath Museum, which was a preserved portion of The Royal Crescent. Nick wanted to go because almost every Keira Knightley movie is filmed there. It was actually pretty awesome; it played a dual role as a Jane Austen museum. There were first publications of all of her novels there. I wish my best friend Maren could have been there, she would have adored it.
This church was downtown, right in the midst of crazy Bath life. It was so beautiful; it almost reminded me of where Wills and Kate were married. I have more photos, so if you'd like to see the inside, I would love to share more. 
This is Nick and me in the Abbey; a few thought this pic was a bit sac-relig, but I just think it's adorable. 
Here we are at Sally Lund's... the oldest home in Bath. It has been converted into a tea house, over the years, and is famous for it's tea buns. So, needless to say, there were a lot of inappropriate jokes about Sally Lund's buns going around the table. (PS, the girl in the red is Courtney... she is a ball of fun and probably my favorite person I've met in Swansea.)
I am having a blast... and I have so much more to blog about in the next few days! WICKED is tomorrow in London and I have 2nd row seats. WHATWHAT?! So, you'll be hearing from me soon.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment