Saturday, September 24, 2011

Like a Comet Pulled from Orbit

8:40 PM: My contacts are dry. I fell asleep as soon as we got on the bus; about two hours ago. I can't decide if the dryness is from sleeping or weeping. Seriously, you guys. WICKED was amazing. Reinforced a lot of things for me.
I sat in the second row, which allowed me to almost quite literally participate in the show from my seat. Musical theatre is infectious. Our Elphaba and Galinda were both understudies today... Which was actually a positive. Elphie started off calm, but began to blow me away after a few songs. G was equally amazing; starting strong with those insane high notes in "No One Mourns The Wicked". Sometimes i feel like the understudies give the show new life. However, Fiyero was characteristically perfect: beginning strong with "Dancing Through Life" and leading me through a such a strong journey of character development that I nearly jumped over the man in front of me during "As Long As You're Mine" to return the butt grab he had just laid on Elphie.
I nearly lost an eyeball, to a rushing river of tears, during "For Good". It was the only time I didn't see Galinda and Elphaba. I saw Maren. And me. It was pretty hard to watch that scene; I'm missing her big time. It did, however, rejuvenate my desire to be onstage... Especially in WICKED... With my beautiful best friend.
All in all, it was an incredible show... And an incredible day. I haven't even mentioned Buckingham Palace, Millennium Bridge, Platform 9 & 3/4, or The Globe... I'll save that for later. For now, it's back to sleep on the bus.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment