Saturday, September 17, 2011

Let Your Waves Crash Down

Today was all about relaxing: a little shopping, a little eating, a little beaching... mmm.
Last night we hit up a club called "Disco" that played almost nothing I didn't adore. This includes, but is not limited to, 5ive, S Club 7, Whitney Houston, and my secret dance weapon- Michael Jackson. It was like the DJ took my iPod when I wasn't looking (I mean, hello, the bar upstairs played ROONEY).
I like Swansea alot. The weather is gorgeous, there are lots of new foods to try, and there is a mall less than 2 miles from where I live.
All of the shops here are so cute. Some are kind of overwhelming, though! Primark is awesome- it's like Forever 21 and The Dollar Tree got together and had a very fashionable baby. It was really packed though, with clothes and people, so my friend Courtney and I ended up getting seperated from the group for most of the shopping day. It ended up alright, though, since we are both avid shoppers and wanted to stop nearly everywhere that had a killer shoe display in the window.
The public transportation here is amazing. I always wish we had a system like this in Tulsa! You can literally go EVERYWHERE (which I'm hoping includes The Wombats concert next Wednesday). Here are Courtney and I on the bus, after enjoying some incredible Welsh Cakes (which are basically a pancake/scone hybrid).
After we rolled out of downtown, Allison, Caleb, and I went to the beach for a quick stroll/photo session. It was chilly, but so nice. 
Caleb thought it would be a great idea to put me on his shoulders... as you can see, we were having a ball trying to figure that one out!!! I am so glad I have made friends this quickly! I know that right now we're only with internationals, and not with locals... but I enjoy having a base of friends from the start! It's nice to know you're not alone in the big scary journey of Studying Abroad.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment