Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Will Be Your Freudian Slip

One of my favorite things in the entire world is live music. So, what is the first thing I book when coming to a different country? A concert, of course. The Wombats to be exact!
The Wombats are a poppy trio from Liverpool known for their fun stage presence and witty lyrics. While I have been a fan of them for a while, they rarely come to the states, so it was a treat to see them while I was here! (Yes, I know they'll be in the states next month... but hey, I'm HERE now.) As expected, they were lively and silly... and above all, amazing perfomers. I was glad they proved true to recordings; often you'll see a band you LOVE in studio, but that isn't quite up to par in their live performance. Mind you, they're not as vocally savvy as say... Josh Groban... but, hey, they're not trying to be!
Two of my good girlfriends in Swansea- Alex and Melissa- accompanied me to the show, and it couldn't have been a better trip! We even got to satisfy our Sushi desires! MMM. I wish I would have snapped some pictures to show just how yummy it was. It's nice to have such a close group of friends, already! I will have to introduce you in the next few weeks... I'm sure you'll be hearing lots about them. But for now, it's definitely time to sleep.
Mad Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment