Monday, September 12, 2011

Let's Make This Dream That's Barely Half Awake Come True

10:23 in the morning. I'm in Chicago today.
This morning I strapped on my powersuit and got a plane to London. In the process of getting to London, though, I am destined to spend the next 7-8 hours in American airlines purgatory. Ok, I'm obviously making it sound worse than it really is. My inner child led me to the "cubby" with all of the Disney movies I could imagine. So, that's pretty awesome. There's about to be a coin toss between Aladdin and the original Parent Trap.
Maybe I should just take a nap. In true Cristen fashion I stayed up most of last night stocking up on kisses to last me a while three month trip. Usually I'm only gone for a week or two, so you can imagine there was lots of damage to be done.
Chicago is pretty. It might be one of my favorite cities. It could be the fact that "kiss quick" is softly serenading me, but Chicago is kind of romantic. In a weird, "she had it comin'" way. Maybe I just romanticize any city with a theatre district bigger than a fingernail.
I'm debating grabbing a cab and using my time wisely, but my yawn is serving as a constant reminder that I'm nowhere near coherent enough to run around a big city alone. So I guess I'll wait 'til London.
Mad love.

No comments:

Post a Comment