Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Get Down On It

OH MY GOD.
Today we went 300 feet underground in a MINE SHAFT and I SURVIVED.
I feel like I need to get one of those ultra cliche "I Survived..." t-shirts now, because I feel so accomplished! Somehow I don't think that wearing a shirt that says, "I Survived the Shaft," would be very lady-like... Hilarious though it may be. 
So, secret time. I am totally claustrophobic. Like, "I cry when I have to go through creepy tunnels in Haunted Houses" claustro. So, as you can imagine, I didn't fancy spending my first full day in Wales underground. Motha. Frickin. Scary. We weren't allowed to take photographs underground, because apparently batteries make coal mines explode, so I only snapped a few "artsy fartsies" around the property. Above are the belts we wore underground... They gave everyone big ole badonkadonks, which is always a plus. 
This is some random spindle outside on the property... Not really sure what it was used for, but it was pretty cool looking. Plus, I'm just drawn to anything that's orange... so there you have it. 
Again, I have no idea what this is... but I have such a crush on it. I want one in  my house... and I will probably attempt to DIY something similar when I get home. Maybe for Laundry? Something about the rust and turquoise was just really hitting the nail on the head for me. 
Again with the turquiose! This train was so gorgeous against the sky. It's so strange where you find inspiration sometimes.  
I came to the conclusion today that I definitely need to live in a Castle. This was in an old Welsh Village that, again, wouldn't let you take photographs inside. I wish I could share the interior with you... it was so ornate and flawless. They had these bells in the maid quarters that would make a fabulous wall statement, and doors that you would swear were carved by a Fleur de Lis God. It was pure beauty.
I am not too sure what we're doing tomorrow... I heard something about watching Heritage Films? I suppose we'll see!
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment