Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pack our Bags and Get Away

Happy Saturday afternoon, my lovecats.It's yet another dreary day in Swansea (weather-wise, that is). While the rest of my house is still sleeping, I have been up for a while planning my trip home. SCARY, huh? I officially come home in... 3 weeks! Well, I leave Swansea in 3... then leave London the next day (Sunday the 18th). I absolutely can not believe my time has flown by so quickly. Honestly, I'm starting to get a little freaked out about going home.
Number one fear? Packing. Number two? Hauling everything through a train station, a bus station, an airport, a shuttle, a hotel, another shuttle, and back to the airport. By everything I mean 3 suitcases (aka my life in 3 plastic shelters). Number three? Flying standby... you're never entirely sure what will happen! Number four? I'm sort of terrified that everything has changed at home. I will be coming home to a new house, new co-workers, new semester... and I've got to admit, I'm kind of scared. You might think it's silly to be scared after 4 months of being away from home... but honestly, the amount of change that's happened in my own life is insane... so I can only imagine how it will be back home.
I guess all I can do is put in the hands of God.
My mom is funny about chain mail... she hardly ever sends it on, even though it may mean she gets eaten in her sleep by wild dragons; however, sometimes she'll send me something that's just... perfect. For example, the day I revealed my sick obsession with butter to my roommates, she sent me a chain letter about the good qualities of butter and why you should eat it often (and over margarine). But for the purpose of this story, my butter addicition is irrelevant.
The other morning, after a long night of travel, I opened my inbox to an e-mail about a "to-do" list. First, I'm thinking, "Oh my God, Mom. I don't want to DOOOO anything right now... except maybe take some extra stregnth somethin'somethin' and a nap". Then, despite the fact that my contacts were so dry they could cut glass, I read the e-mail. It was all about giving God your to-do list, trusting that he will help you, and being patient.
I wouldn't classify myself as overtly-religious or anything, but this e-mail really spoke to me. I guess moms have a way of knowing when something needs to be said. A lot of the time, I get frustrated with little things, and want them to be sorted out immediately. Unfortunately... the world doesn't revolve around one single person ;) and everything takes time. I guess right now I need to focus on giving up my worries to God and praying for the best.
I know this blog post has barely anything exciting going on... but I think I just needed to sort out a few things via type- and isn't that what a blog is for? Well, I've successfully finished my mug of Cocoa, so now it's off to find whatever adventures lie ahead for the day. AKA: Do my laundry so my roommates will find me socially acceptable, even if it's only for a day.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment