Monday, November 21, 2011

God Help the Outcasts.

The man in the Novotel lobby will forever be my hero.
Once again, Melissa and I are in the midst of a fantastic layover in which the train station closed. We wandered the streets of Bristol, feelin' a little like Mary and Joseph... Only minus the baby Jesus, looking for a hotel to let us stay. There were vacancies in our story, but none of which we could afford. We walked into a swanky hotel downtown expecting to be turned away after we saw the 150 single room price tag... But the nice man behind the counter took pity on two pretty young travelers and is letting us stay in the lobby. He will always be my hero.
It's 2:30 in the morning, which means we only have 3 hours left until our train departs for Swansea. I know I'll be happy to see it barreling into the station, but I will be a bit sad to be saying goodbye to a great weekend.
Visiting Ian and Burt was about 10x more incredible than I could have imagined... And trust me, I was dreamin' big. We saw so many beautiful buildings, ate so much delicious food, and had fantastic conversation. Really reminds you of how amazing family is.
I have about a trillion pictures to share... But those will have to come at a later date, seeing as I'm currently unable to access the Internet. Some of the highlights, though, are a German Christmas market... A mansion in the dark... And downtown Kaiserslautern. So be looking forward to that!!!
My eyes are descending at a rapid pace... Which means all of this traveling is setting in. Time for a nap? I think so. Is it inappropriate to sleep in a fancy hotel lobby? I guess we're about to find out.
Mad love.

No comments:

Post a Comment