Monday, November 21, 2011

Round About Four you Gotta Leave the Lobby

It's two in the morning. I'm sitting in polo cafe, downtown London, where I have just successfully devoured a ham and cheese omelette. I am compiling a list of ways to keep myself awake over this 6 hour layover... And with nothing open, including the train station, I've come to the conclusion that I will just have to make the most of my blogger app and iPod. Unfortunately, there is no wifi, so by the time you read this, I may be in an insane asylum. My, how I rely on technology.
Melissa is across the table watching Mulan on her iPod. I'm thankful she is here; she might be the only thing keeping me sane. I have found that I'm miserable at layovers. It's mostly my own fault, though. If I was smart, or at least well prepared, I would have brought a book, playing cards, or some other form of entertainment... But I never learn.
I guess I haven't told you why I'm downtown London at all hours of the night. I'm in transit to Frankfurt to see my cousin Ian and her husband Burt. If you read my blog regularly, you might already know this. However, unless your name's prefix is "aunt" or you share a surname with a famous snowman, I daresay this may be your first visit.
The last time I saw my cousin Ian was the Christmas I was 16... So I'm pretty excited to hang out with her again. We are 10 years and millions of miles apart, but we are DEFINITELY cousins... Which means this trip is going to be nothing short of amazing. Thank God for cousins... Especially ones that live in groovy places ;)
Melissa is conked out now. I suppose I'm not surprised... I don't even know if I stayed awake the FIRST(only) time I saw Mulan. Probably not one of Disney's better films... Don't hate, I just can think of about 682 movies I'd rather watch. Topping the list? Not a Disney movie... But I could definitely go for a little Home Alone action, right now. Must. Hold. Out. For. Christmas. Eve (or at least until I can watch it with my boofrann).
It's chilly in here. I don't hate it, but I might prefer to feel my toes. I think the table next to us is here for the long haul, too. There's a man to my left who reminds me of Maren's Grandpa Gil... Minus the birds. Speaking of Maren, there is a great possibility I might drop dead when I see her. This will be out of sheer love and excitement, of course, but it will most likely happen. I miss that little princess.
I'm astonished that I only have a month left... But I'm thankful that Jesus' birthday arrives shortly after I return. I think if I didn't have that to look forward to, I might slip into some kind of severe post-Britain depression. It's going to be weird going back to the real world. I am very excited to see my fam-bam, though... And oddly enough I'm psyched to get back to work! I miss my little andoweenies, my J2crew, and my Gypsy Girls.
Uhoh. The table next to us is getting asked to leave to make more room... Which means... Dun dun dun. We. Are. Next. At least we only have an hour before our train to the airport. Then 3 hours there... Then a 2 hour flight. Then COUSIN TIME!!!
Oh, dear lord, please have mercy on the two twenty somethings downtown at night, and don't make us get up to leave yet.
Ok, it's getting progressively colder. Haven't these Brits heard of a heater (or closing the door)? Brrrowskie. (oddly, that looks like something a frat boy would say... I'm not saying "broski" as in "what up broski? Lets do keg-stands and sing party in the usa"... I'm sayyin' "brrrr-owww-ski" as in "it's colder than a witches tit in a brass bra.") Progressively. Colder.
I'm not sure I want to walk back to the station... I'm mildly terrified of how much I am going to freeze. Wow. I just realized I've been rambling for a good 40 minutes. This will probably take at least a hot minute to read... So sorry if you have to... thank you if you have.
My fingers are beginning to freeze... So, iPod it is. Thanks for the entertainment, hopefully I was able to return the favor, if only momentarily.
Mad love.

No comments:

Post a Comment