Thursday, November 24, 2011

GOBBLE GOBBLE MOTHA TRUCKA

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It's a day to spend with family, friends, and food. Three of my FAVORITE things. I was worried this Thanksgiving wouldn't be as amazing since I'm missing one of the 3 F's... but it was certainly as fantastic (if not more) than all of the rest. I am so blessed to be here right now. There are so many things to be thankful for!

I am thankful for FREE dinner. This was last night before the Swansea Christian Union's Thanksgiving meal. They served pretty traditional food... but due to a gnarly migraine I left the dinner before Pumpkin Pie was served.
I am thankful for my ability to improvise almost anything... including a large portion of a Thanksgiving dinner. Voila!
I am thankful for music. I couldn't live through most days without it. I am especially thankful for the Home Alone Soundtrack, as it got me through most of today!
I am thankful for all of the elbow grease that went into preparing this meal. We had salad, cranberry orange sauce, mashed potatoes, 7-up salad, 2 kinds of stuffing, a turkey, gravy, sweet potato pie, a delish corn dish, pumpkin pie, hot apple cider, green bean casserole, apple pie, and scotcharoos. *I hope I didn't leave anything out!!
I am thankful for friends. I have the most amazing gang this side of the pond. Yushi, Bianca, and Chris were also in attendance, but they had class 'til later in the evening! I wish Courtney would have been here to help celebrate, but she's in Dublin with her boyfriend!
I am thankful for the Human Turkey.
I am thankful for hands that work, a heart that loves, a spirit that can still imagine and play make believe, a brain that has given me more opportunities than I can count, and so many things that aren't pictured. I am thankful for my family (Mommy, Daddy, Emmy, Dustin, CTTDJ+, JDMB+, and all of the amazing cousins God has blessed me with). I am thankful for my best friends... You know who you are. I am thankful for my boo. I am thankful for love. Love is truly what makes my world go 'round. If there was ever something my family taught me, it was that LOVE IS NUMBER ONE. You have nothing without it.
I am thankful this meal didn't kill anyone.
I am also beyond thankful for the 3 people that read my blog- Terri, Debbie, Emily... you know who you are ;)
I love you all. Merry Thanksgiving to all, and to all LOTS OF PUMPKIN PIE.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment