Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Air Outside will make our Cells Divide at an Alarming Rate

NEGLIGENT BLOGGER TO THE RESCUE!
I have come bearing gifts of Kaisterslautern and surrounding areas. Mostly in the form of pictures... since I pretty much already told you everything that happened on the trip in my last two posts. Let me just start off by saying... you're about to get a double whammy of blogging... because CLEARLY today is Thanksgiving! So after this comes the main course.
This is Mobil Marten... I never thought I'd love anything more than IKEA until Ian and Burt took us here. It was literally the most amazing place on planet earth. So much home decor... I could have shopped for HOURS.
Early Saturday morning at the Christmas Market. Can you tell which ones are related? ;) 
Burt feeding Melissa her first Potato Pancake with Applesauce! Welcome to Germany, Lissa! 
My Cup... Ian's Cup. Some of us are just a little sloppier after 3 cups of Gluhwein ;)  
The GORGEOUS market. I was so taken back by the beautiful buildings. It was like being in a Dr. Seuss book.
In the oldest city in Germany, in the dark. So incredible. Who wouldn't want to live in a Pink Mansion?
The delicious German dinner Ian cooked: Bratwurst, Currywurst, Potato Dumplings, and Sauerkraut. All of my favorites!!
Burt was thoroughly enjoying me drinking pickle juice. I haven't had a Claussen Dill for almost 4 months... Needless to say, I drank most of the jar.
Sunday we went for a relaxing walk through the woods. It was so cool! We ran across the burial hut of a prince on the walk... talk about history!
At the prince's ruling ground. Feelin' Princey.
I am so thankful I got to go visit Ian and Burt. It was more amazing than I could have EVER dreamed it could be.
If you want to see more pictures, let me know and I'll post!
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment