Thursday, October 6, 2011

Then there was a Star Danced... and Under that I was Born.

We went to see "Much Ado About Nothing" tonight. It was absolutely fantastic... by far one of the best companies I've seen put on a Shakespeare production. I've seen my fair share of Shakespeare, even done a few, but I am convinced without an outstanding cast, Shakespeare is nothing but beautifully crafted words. Don't get me wrong, reading Shakespeare is fantastic... but watching it isn't always so easy. If the actors don't have clear goals behind each action and word, often the audience gets lost in a sea of confusing text and the play is unappreciated. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this production (and the fact that students only pay three pounds for a ticket!!)
Since we arrived seperately to the production, here's a post-show photograph in the upstairs corridor of our house. Please excuse the frizzies; it rained all the way home!!
Other than the show, today was pretty quiet. Caleb and I went to check out the Glee Club; neither of us plan on joining. I ate dessert six times. AAAAND I planned a weekend trip to Cardiff. So, even though it was a quiet day, I'd say it was pretty successful.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment