Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm not Talking Planets or Galaxies and the Distance Just Makes it Worse. I Know What You're Thinking, this Probably Sounds Rehearsed.

Five minutes peace.
Shout out to Justin Pierre, raspberries, and peppermint hot cocoa for getting me through today.
Confession: I am homesick.
I guess it's normal to feel this way after being away from "the norm" for a month... but seriously. I would do some wildly entertaining things for the following:
1. A head scratch from my mommy.
2. A belly bumping from my daddy.
3. To be the little spoon next to L'Boyfriend.
4. A McGriddle, Cheesy Gordita Crunch, and/or a Claussen Kosher Dill.
5. Aquamarine night with Maren.
I know, I know... stop being a baby. I am eternally grateful for the opportunities I've been given and the friends I've made along the way... but I really do miss some of the every day comforts of home. I miss being around my family. A lot.
I don't know if you follow the "love languages"... some people think they're a crock of shit... but I think they are essential to understanding how people are wired. Call me cray-cray, but take the quiz and tell me your results aren't spot on. For example... my highest score is "Physical Touch"... followed closely by "Quality Time". That means, I feel the most loved when I'm hugged, kissed, and given time... And 66.6% of these things aren't happening on a regular basis OR EVER; which means, I'm seriously deprived.
I would say I certainly get my fill of quality time, seeing as we don't spend too much time in school here, and spending time with people is an absolute necessary for me. But sadly, I can count the number of hugs I've recieved on one hand and I certainly have been doing NO smoochin' over yonder... not that the latter is a bad thing, seeing as I've got precious cargo in the states.
They say absense makes the heart grow fonder... but I say... absense makes the snuggler go insane.
Don't believe me? Ask every store in Swansea about the girl crying for a body pillow. They'll know exactly who you're talking about.
Oh yeah, I ate some cake today with Melissa. Delicious.
Marilyn was wrong... Chocolate is a girl's best friend.
Carrot Cake. MMM.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment