Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Had a Pocket Full of Dreams but I Gave Them All to You

I was tired of sitting around the house.
So, I took a little initiative and bought five greyhound tickets to Cardiff; which were later dispersed to my five favorite people: Melissa, Nick, Caleb, Courtney, and me. Yeah, I realized I put myself in the favorite people category, whatevs. Was there a plan? Not really. Was it awesome? DEFINITELY.
On the way to Cardiff... right before we all took a much needed bus nap.
Caleb and Courtney... working it?
This is about the time that only having four hours of sleep kicked in. We went out to "Locker" the night before for a "hat party" and had way too much of a blast. I mean, any party that doesn't require me to do my hair... I'm down. However, I think this was the point we began to regret serenading our dance partners with S Club 7's "Reach" and deciding bed wasn't necessary til 4 AM.
This was a building on the Cardiff Castle grounds... it was pretty incredible. The whole thing, really. It's kind of majestic to see something that doesn't have a prayer of existing in the United States. Mostly, because we just aren't that old. It is breath-taking to see the castles and old buildings here; some times I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.
Nick, at the Castle, trying to point us in the correct direction. He is a history major and this is all right up his alley. I wish Maren could meet him. I think the two would never run out of things to say!!
This was inside of a house... A HOUSE. WHAT?! It was so ornate and gorgeous.... I just can't imagine looking up from my desk to see this! All I see is crappy popcorn ceiling; how is that fair?
At a cute little Cardiff store, we spotted these little Sunflower hats... major shout out to my favorite youtube make up artist, Madison. CHICKACHICKAWOWWOW.
Of course, we had to stop in for Gelato and Lattes before the day was over.
All in all, it was an incredibly relaxing afternoon. Even though some of us were incredibly tired and possibly irritable ;) we had a great time. I am truly blessed to have met such amazing people in the short time I've been here.
Of course, a single day doesn't go by without a hobbit reference... For whatever reason, Caleb is really into The Lord of the Rings, so he likes to stop and take Frodo pictures. Luckily, if we were actually at Frodo's door... I could fit without peril. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the stellar genes.
On a completely unrelated note... I would kill someone for Taco Bell right now.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment