Saturday, July 30, 2011

Go Shorty, It's Your Birthday.

I love birthdays. If you've ever read my blog... you know they're my favorite day of the year. Your birthday. My birthday. Scott Disick's birthday. I love them all.
I did a few little creative DIYs for my birthday party this year... but, like most occassions, I was too busy enjoying it to take pictures of everything. Plus, I was a little tipsssay. FINALLY 21! woooo.
Anyway, as promised, I will share what I have... and pepper in some party pics to keep you entertained.
This is the food table, before it was covered in Brats, German Potato Salad, Beer Dip, Apple Sauerkraut, Etc. SO MUCH GOOD FOOD. The bunting was a DIY! Soooo Easy. A little bit of twine, scrapbook paper, and creativity will get you a long way on a shoe string budget.
These are the DELICIOUS Black Forest Cupcakes that my mom and I made. We cheated a little, and used a devils food cake to make the cupcakes. Then we scooped a little hole in the middle of the cupcake, filled it with cherry pie filling, and topped it with homemade chocolate and cream cheese icing and dark chocolate shavings. They were so easy and a hit! 
This was the back yard before we set up chairs. It was about 105 degrees in the shade and I didn't want to spend any more time out there than I had to... OVER 100 DEGREES=GROSS! P.S. If you can't tell, those are outdoor Christmas lights, strung tree to tree, with Yellow Paper Lanterns hung every few feet.
"PROST! Enjoy a Boulevard Wheat". We ended up tapping the keg inside, because it was wayyy too hot outside. But, we had music and games outside later... You know, to make up for it ;) 
This is me, blowing out the candles on my GIANT CUPCAKE (compliments of Megan).
This is me and my gorgeous Norwegian, Kaia! She is one of the sweetest people I have EVER met. 
Some of the party people, chit-chatting. 
More of my lovely friends =) Please excuse the lack of decor! This my parent's remodel project... I guess I get my DIY genes from them!
As I said, I love birthdays. All of them... Ok, especially mine.
And I promise, I dress up sometimes.
Usually when this kid takes me out for Porkchops. THEY MAKE US CRAZY.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment