Friday, August 5, 2011

Boy, You're An Alien

I am a Grandma.
Ok, I'm not really someone's grandmother. But hear me out.
I am the type of person who likes to spoil other people. Like any good Grandma, I'm fully aware it's a bad idea to give kids sugar before bed, but do I allow it? Of course. I'm also the one who will take you out for ice cream when you are sad. Or give you lots of hugs, bandaids, and tums when times are tough and bellies are aching.
However, being the Grandma also puts me in positions that sometimes aren't as fun to handle. Like my spectacular German Festival a few weekends ago. Yes, it was fantastic. The food was great, my friends are amazing, and I loved having people over. But cleaning up puke, holding back hair like God made my hand for the sole purpose of being a human ponytail, and wiping the tears of many a drunken girl doesn't fall under the category of "Grandma's Favorite Things".
Luckily, I have been blessed with the most amazing co-workers and friends... who definitely make Grandma's life a little happier some days.
Last night, I was thrown a fabulous Surprise Party! Honestly, I had no idea what was going on, and how my chatty patty friends kept it a secret... I will never know.
The party was "Outer Space" themed. Because, y'all know I love a good theme party. It was complete with Cosmic Brownies, Star Crunch, and Roswell Alien Amber Ale (big shout out to Caty Beans for that one).
My friends even set some ground rules and made sure I didn't have to clean up ANYTHING.
I'm so blessed to have such caring, incredible friends. I didn't have to do a thing, except enjoy myself, drink my favorite beer, and do a little dancing. It was seriously incredible. Grandma couldn't have asked for a better night or a better group of people to spend it with.
Mad Grandma Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment