Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Kind You Find In A Second Hand Store

One of the most frustrating things for me is messing up.
I wouldn't say I'm a perfectionist, but sometimes when my "brilliant" plans go awry... it's a little frustrating.
I started to revamp a nasty blouse I bought the other day... but, I'll admit, I had absolutely no plan for how I was going to do it.
My idea was to make the blouse backless with a cute bow to hold it together, give it a boat neck, and finish it off with cute puffed sleeves. Yes, I realize none of these things actually sound appealing, but I thought, together, they might turn out ahhhmazing.
Well, folks, I hate to say it, but I was TOTALLY WRONG. The shirt I ended up with was a hot tranny mess to the extreme.
So, now I've wasted a free afternoon, $3.99+tax, and lots of creativity.
Here's the baggy, saggy blouse before I did anything to it. Pretty gross. 
After I cut up the back and shortened it... The top was supposed to tie into a bow, but looked like craaaahp. I should have taken a picture of it, but it was too bad. 

However... amidst the lack of fabulosity... the fabric is still pretty amazing, and I think with a little rejuvination and creativity I can come up with something else to do with it. Maybe a little ruffle tank or some embellishments for my cadet cap.
What do you guys think?
Let me know if you have any ideas for my lovely leopard print!
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment