Thursday, June 2, 2011

Poppin' The Bottles

Today I brought a few things to keep me busy at work during our slower hours...
[[This is my plea to you to check out the shop so I don't Mod Podge my self to death.]]
So... I have an old magazine, bottle caps, scissors, a sponge brush, and my recent obsession: Mod Podge.
I started off by clipping circles from magazines, using my bottle cap as a guide. I Mod Podged a small dot on to the cap, then put the clipping on top.
Then, I spread a thin coat of MP on top of the image and let it dry. [[Yes, it will look goopy for a while, but trust me, it dries clear.]]
I did 16 of these bad boys... with everything from oranges to eyes inside.

I had absolutely no idea what their purpose was...

...Until a few of them landed next to eachother...

Making a cuuuute start to a little piece of jewelry. [[Bracelet, anyone?]]

These little guys would be cute on a bracelet, too. I think garden gnomes are HILARIOUS.
These could easily be made in to earrings. Large studs or even french hoops.

These are definitely going to become my next pair, though. Natalie Portman is timeless.

Even though I had absolutely no idea what this little project would develop in to when I started... I think I got some CUTE ideas from it. The Natalie Portman earrings and the gnome bracelet will definitely be coming to a Cristen near you... <3
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment