Wednesday, June 15, 2011

All The Small Things

I love to repurpose and revamp things.
I saw a tutorial on LoveMaegan, about a year ago, that shows how to revamp an old swim suit.
Although I'm a card carrying member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee, my favorite swimsuit has somehow become too small over the years... Yeah, I've held on to it for 7 years because I like it so much.
Unfortunately, I don't have any before pictures of the top, but it was a paisley string bikini, a perfect match to the bottoms... just too small.
So off to Goodwill I went... figuring if this idea totally went awry it would be no major loss on my part. I picked up a bikini top for $1.99 and went to work.
I used Maegan's directions mostly for inspiration, disregarding the double ruffles and opting for a single, since my pattern was so bold. I also added some funky vintage buttons I found in the craft closet. I like to mix styles and I'm recently obsessed with mixing 1970s floral with Shabby Chic elements. Don't ask.
Well, after much blahblahblogging, here's the final result. 
Here's the top with the bottoms. (The swimsuit bottoms are Roxy and the top is thrifted Old Navy) 
A little more detail on the top... It was kind of hard to see against my turquoise sheets! 
I'm feeling brave today, so here's what the suit looks like on! 
Close up on the top, a reminder to clean my mirror, and proof of membership for the IBTC.

I hope this inspires you to do something cute on a budget this summer. More to come later! =)
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment