Friday, December 16, 2011

In an MMMBOP They're Not There.

This past week has been so crazy.
Crazy Good. Crazy Bad. Crazy Crazy.
All of my classes are over (although I still have papers to write) :-/ and most of my friends have left for home (or their final rendezvous abroad).
Every goodbye is a little bit different, but none are welcome! I have made some of the best friends in my time in Swansea.
We have spent a lot of time soaking up eachother's love this past week, but last Saturday was our last night as a WHOLE group... Which was a fun, but kind of sad, occasion.
We supported Caleb at his choir concert, ate our weight in pizza, and spent the night giggling and reminiscing. Of course it wouldn't have been "official" if there weren't pictures... So, ladies and gentlemen... May I present: Last Saturday Night.
The group looking all jazzy before Caleb's concert. A part of me wishes Nick would have smiled, but the photo probably wouldn't be the same if he did ;)
The Cathedral where Caleb's concert took place was PACKED! We got there a good 30 minutes early and STILL sat in the back! 
The proud Mr. Dobbs after his concert!
 
Melissa was SO excited about Pizza. By the time 10:30 rolled around we were SO hungry! 
Enjoying our pizza (even though it's NO Andolini's). ...and yes, that is a bowl of black olives. What of it?
Then, the first goodbye came. My BEST FRIEND ON PLANET SWANSEA, LaSarah-Courtney.
Some of the goodbyes were tearful- Note Melissa's face.
Some were happy... Because we knew we'd see eachother again.
Some left us giggling and falling over.
And some were as wild as their friendship was all along.
Although I'm planning on meeting up with LaSarah tomorrow night for dinner (IN LONDON) it was definitely a crazy goodbye.
**On a chronological side note: I feel like I should tell you about my last karaoke experience in Swansea. What you need to know: I came. I sang. I conquered. Thanks in large part to the angelic voice of Mr. Kyle Patterson, that is. We sang a medley of duets from Grease and DEFINITELY won FIRST PLACE (aka: a 20 pound bar tab each). It was certainly a highlight of my nights at The Wonky Sheep and Kyle will forever be my Danny Zucko.**
Monday-Wednesday weren't all that bad, since everyone was still around to enjoy Swansea, so I'll skip out on those days.
Wednesday night/Thursday morning was definitely an interesting time, though. Nick and Kyle were set to leave Thursday morning, so Allison and I spent most of the night in their flat dancing to Justin Timberlake. It was tough to say goodbye, so we just danced around it.
However, I also said a big goodbye when I got home that morning. After a long conversation, that was probably long overdue, my boo of 3 years and I decided to call it quits. I figure I talk about him enough on my blog, that it would be strange for me to stop without explanation. It's nothing too crazy, just sort of grew apart and wanted different things from life... but I certainly wouldn't change the time I spent with him for the world. Some times things just don't work out the way you plan them to, but you've just got to trust that God has something different in store for you. =)
I spent most of Thursday packing and having narcoleptic fits from only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before... Melissa left for Oklahoma, which was sad, but I know I'll be seeing her soon!!!
Today has been a very relaxing and wonderful day in Swansea. Caleb left this morning before my last class, for his family trip around Europe, which was of course a little sad... but since he lives in Tahlequah, I will definitely see him again. Allison and I spent the entire day together... and it was literally one of the best life choices I've made. We went to town and shopped for the last time, bought welsh cakes and a samoa mocha, and took pictures around town. Then tonight, she took me on the BEST date ever. I often cook for her, so to repay me she took me to one of the nicest restaurants in Swansea! It was so beautiful. It was on the 28th floor of the tallest building in Wales, so the view of the water was just about enough to make you cry. The city lights were so bright and beautiful and the booth we sat in had the PERFECT view. We started off with a couple of glasses of White Zinfandel, garlic parmesan fries, and smoked duck with apple chutney. Then we moved onto our main course: mine was Welsh pork loin with mashed potatoes and house salad, and Allison had an amazing chicken and pancetta pasta. In a few minutes we're going to bake an apple pie, eat some phish food, and drown ourselves in one final night of Glozelle, Kardashians, and basically any dating show trashy enough to be on VH1. Such a fantastic day.
As I'm staring at a room strewn with suitcases and clothing, I'm a little sad to be leaving this life behind. The last three and a half months have been such a blessing. I know I'll recollect a bit more (probably from my long day at the airport) so I don't want to get TOO mushy now. I'm just... so glad I came.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment