Monday, January 2, 2012

You'll Play the Victim and I'll be the Bad Guy

I AM ALIVE!!!
Sorry about the lack of postage, as of late. I have been engulfing myself in family, friends, and frolic.
 
I was greeted at the airport by my momma, daddy, Kaia, and Caty Beans. They even greeted me with a sign that said REGINA GEORGE, who is literally my hero. I am all kinds of obsessed with the sign, and I will keep it forever!
The first bit of being home was a lot of catching up, eating, and SNUGGLING. I am loving being home with my friends and family; they are every bit as cuddly as yours truly.
Christmas was AMAZING. I spent it with my family, my second family, and some of my best friends.
Christmas eve was at my parent's house... and although I would have LOVED to be in Oregon with my big fam-bam, it was nice to be home with my mom, dad, sistahfriend, and brotha-from-anotha-motha.
This was taken right before dinner, obviously after Mass, because I am still in my schnazzy $2 BCBG dress. What a good lookin' family, huh?

After dinner, we opened presents, as per usual. I love this picture, mostly because I am OBSESSED with lifesaver story books. I have no idea why, though, which is the best part. I think we've just ALWAYS gotten them, so my Christmas doesn't really start until I have one. I remember one year I didn't get one in my stocking, and I thought that everyone had forgotten about how important they are to me, and I literally had a panic attack. Of course, there was one wrapped under the tree for me, but I still had a little "moment" when I didn't get one!
Christmas morning was pretty boring, and I've been feeling a little crazy lately, so in true Elliot Reed fashion, I cut my bangs and decided to get a hold of my life. Things have been a little interesting lately... so I thought a new look might be good!
Things got exciting when my family came over, though! This is my cousin Philip and my cousin Alison, who are both WAY too tall to be younger than me ;)
Hanging out with my second family- The Bausch/Keller clan. BBK came with, too, which is always fun!!
I know this looks crazy... and it is... YES, I am back at work ALREADY. They feed me (and my desire to always be silly) and I can never stay away for too long. Jo Jessica and I were CLEARLY enjoying the work Christmas party in this picture.
Big perk of being home: These crazy girls. We look like a girl band here (totally unintentionally, mind you). Caty, Amanda, and Kaia have all worked with me at one point in my life and I love them all so much!
Every year, my friend Adrian and I go on an ice skating date downtown Tulsa. This year we were joined by Kaia and her friend Austin! Afterward, we went to Kilkenneys and some other places downtown, and were joined by Maren, Wes, and Sean for what became one of the best nights I've had in a while!!
A few days later, Kaia and I joined my parents for a weekend trip to Missouri. We are seriously sisters from another mister. SO. SILLY.
While in MO, we stopped at Silver Dollar City to check out the lights and do a little shopping =) It was such a nice night! It was warm enough to not freeze to death, but still chilly enough to feel like winter (and make our Wassail completely necessary).
Then came New Years: my best friends from high school got together and spent the night on Cherry St. and in the Blue Dome... It was seriously incredible. Sean, Maren, Taylor, Wes, (not pictured) and I have been inseperable since we were 15... and it's always so good to have everyone together again! BBK makes a wonderful addition to our group, too (she's just a little younger than us ;) )!
Being home has been wonderful, so far. Sure, I've worked a lot... and yeah, I miss my Wales group... BUT I am LOVIN' all of my home-lovin'.
PLUS, being home=my delicious bed... which literally could not be ANY more magical.
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment