Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Have Grown Two Broad Wings And Now I'm Above You

It's been kind of a rough and tumble week.
It all started with about 78 tiny aliens stabbing me in the stomach with itty bitty sporks (and while this sounds sort of fun, it's NOT at all). Then, they started crawling up toward my heart and poking around for any stragglers... aaaand by mid-week the little aliens had made their way up to my neck and noggin, rendering me only slightly able to move. I ended up back at the Doc's for my ever-obnoxious back and neck issues, which are always just a pleasure to deal with... NOT! The tiny aliens lingered on my shoulder blades during rehearsal for 'Night Mother... but they slowly started dying off. Thanks to a modified medicine regemine, things in my back and neck started feeling better, but I still felt the little aliens hanging around the heartbeat cafe. Growing up is a hard thing to do... especially when everyone around you is in such a hurry to... and you're just not ready yet.
I guess this all goes back to one of the first posts I made on this blog... and I know that when I'm "thirty, flirty, and thriving" I will be SO thankful that I left my empty converse to dry in the concrete alone... it's just all of the stuff between now and then that can be a little hard on the ole ticker.
Luckily, my best friend Maren came back from INDIA today... so I will get to see her smilin' face tomorrow after work! She always makes my day about 147 x better!!!
Mad Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment